CARES Group completed a review of chemical handling and exposure management on board two Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading vessels installed offshore Ghana.
CARES Group conducted the review in line with relevant national and international regulations. During the review CARES Group personnel documented:
• Inventory of chemicals in use (based on available documentation and visual inspections);
• Operators with responsibility for using the chemicals;
• Procedure, point of use and what chemicals are used for;
• Stock levels – including approximate volumes;
• Storage conditions;
• Chemical disposal procedures;
• Adequacy and availability of risk minimization items (e.g. spill kits, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), fume cupboards, hazard data – including Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS))
CARES Group provided a report showing key information on the conditions of chemical handling and exposure management detailing areas where improvement was needed to reduce the risk.