An opportunity to work for an international and dynamic consultancy. CARES Group’s focus is the UK and Africa for maritime (management, operations and training), civil engineering, environment, and water resource delivery. With a growing order book, we have exciting expansion plans for a range of interesting and influential projects, working for a variety of international private and public sector clients.
CARES Group has regional headquarters in St Gallen (Switzerland), Lagos (Nigeria) and Accra (Ghana) although travel throughout our area of operations may be necessary as the need arises.
As a member of the team you will be involved in – and/or leading – a variety of maritime related activities. The Maritime Division focus includes: the setting up and delivery of STCW and workshop training at a newly created Marine Training School; risk management; maritime full mission bridge simulation and the bidding, management, and delivery of maritime and risk management consultancy works and projects. The work is a mixture of technical and operational input and requires sound project management and maritime experience.
Previous maritime experience – from strategic to tactical level – is essential and is likely to have been at the maritime organization level. You will be expected to interface with all levels of our clients’ establishment, drawing from the knowledge of the various CARES Group experts as required. The candidate needs to be culturally sensitive, comfortable with working in, and driving as necessary, a team – or working independently and have effective IT and Microsoft Office skills.
The successful candidate is likely to have 20+ years’ solid relevant experience, be professionally qualified or imminently approaching professional qualification.
- The post location can be either UK based (with visits overseas) or Nigeria based with accommodation and benefits depending on CARES Group requirement/individual preference.
- Following an initial probation period of four months, which may be extended under certain circumstances, contracts typically run for 12 months extendable and subject to agreement by both parties.
- Competitive salary – and depending on whether UK or Nigeria based.
- Initially 25 working days leave per annum + UK or Nigeria public holidays as appropriate.
- How many years of work experience do you have using Microsoft Office?
- How many years of training delivery experience do you have?
- Do you have project manager experience?
- Do you have full mission bridge simulator experience.
- Are you willing to visit and work in Nigeria and CARES Group other market locations on a regular basis?
- How many years of Maritime experience do you currently have?
- Are you Master Mariner qualified or have equivalent Master Mariner experience/qualifications?/
- Have you previously organised, managed and/or delivered STCW training courses?