CARES provide a full suite of engineering services necessary for harbour design;
- Economic feasibility assessments.
- Studies to determine best orientation, wave and wind loadings.
- Conceptual layouts.
- Determination of facility requirements in terms of access channel depth and width, water depth,
dimension of docking areas and size of loading area.
- Preliminary costings of conceptual arrangements.
- Evaluation of potential measures needed to comply with local regulations and environmental
Detailed design of inner harbour layouts, jetties, breakwaters and channels are based on
historical and field information with respect to topographic data, water levels, offshore and
inshore wave data, the sediment budget and dominant littoral drift.